Friday, May 12, 2017

Yogi

I have fallen in love.  It IS the oddest thing and then it isn't and I'll unpack that for you.

I have fallen in love with yoga.  When my son is finishing up one of his therapies on most Tuesdays, I attend a yoga class at the clinic.  I have done a very tiny smidge of yoga up until this point.  But I now attend weekly and have gotten my own mat and block for my own space at home.  I have only embarked on my youtube living room yoga 2 times so far, but I am learning and have to begin somewhere.

It is peaceful.  It allows for great release physically and mentally and emotionally.  Sometimes I do it just to bring my inner self back into a center space.  You ever feel like your mood is totally off?  like you just can't get a handle on where you are and getting yourself back to where you should be?  Sounds whacky I know, but yoga helps!!! Truly.  I am a Christ follower, and so I feel as though I much put this out there that this is a great and healthy practice for a Christ follower!  I say that because I know that there are some that are concerned about what the poses mean and who you are meditating upon... You are a free human!  You are capable of meditating on whatever or whomever you choose and one of the things I love MOST is meeting quietly with God in that still place.  I mostly try to completely ease and clear my mind, but when there is a need to reach out to find strength, I set my mind on scripture.  Totally beautiful.  Totally gives me the strength and stamina to hold long difficult poses.

I love yoga!

I started reading up and researching it... that is for another post, but I love that yoga is not just exercise, but a lifestyle of centered healthy choices for your mind and body.  So I suppose I'm on my yogi journey!

And here is why I think this is not all that surprising in the end.  When I was much younger, I danced.  I mean I lost myself in the art AND the discipline of ballet!  I loved challenging both my mind, my art, and my body to do difficult yet beautiful things!! This is not that different!  Hopefully, less damaging to my knees, but definitely not that different.  There is a bit of a circle, a coming back to your love thing going on here that makes me thrilled!

There.  That's all I've got for today!  But seriously... if you need some focus, some stretching, some peace... try it.  You will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment