Monday, January 16, 2017

At it again

Seemed like a good post title considering...  we have bumped up my son's meds again to the original dose that made him a zombie.  It was sad y'all.  Truly sad.  Half open eye lids and naps!  His friends asking why he's acting like he's not feeling well!  Ugh.

The half dose restored his energy and zest for life, but it wasn't effective enough for those mean old sticky thoughts.  He actually imagines them as unwanted sneaky tiny ninjas trying to get inside his head.  I love that kid.  Well, they were making a strong comeback.  I fantastically creative obsession went over board.  All these card board box inventions were taking over his room and his thoughts.  I mean taking. over.

With reluctance I took his does up a smidge to make it an easier adjustment.  It was obvious that it helped, but still needed more support.  So last night we went back to that whole pill.  Tiredness was minimal.  Very much still himself.  BUT here come the side effects... muscle weakness and joint pain around one knee and some fussing about the space around his heart.  I'm thinking and guessing the heart thing is actually more of a muscle anxiety chest clenching thing.  But the knee is definitely meds.  Good times.  I've put a call in to the Dr. but haven't heard back.  2 thoughts on that.  1... maybe it isn't that big of a deal.  Thinking he'd have called back immediately if it was a concern.  And 2... maybe he did call and the "unknown" number that I missed was actually him trying to get ahold of me while I was attending a party in the boonies today!!

Either way, tomorrow is Therapy Tuesday.  Glad to have that part of our schedule solidified.  OT will be changing gradually because that other one has to go to a different office on Tuesdays... but I don't anticipate this being an issue.  Psycho therapy should be great if tomorrow is anything like today (but you know that is literally impossible to tell)!!  And the therapist will address med concerns and side effects I'm sure.  That and he'll see a return of a typical fast blinking tic.  That one has reappeared over the last several days, and just like always, the reappearance of it brings along some hefty behavioral challenges.  This week has certainly been challenging!

So hope awaits me post slumber.  I love Tuesdays and they wear me slap out.  And I want to stay and not come back most weeks, so it's like minor torture!  But it is progress and hope, and that keeps us coming back every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment