Saturday, January 7, 2017

Mental Rest

I took the weekend off.  Well... sort of.  I'm a jeweler with Premier Designs.  They provide numerous opportunities for training and relationship building with our "family" or team.  They get to be counted as work, but they look a whole lot like fun to this mama!  Me and another team member who also happens to be one of my favorites, scooted off to Atlanta for our Regional Rally!

I was anxious about the weather, but I wasn't.  If that makes any sense at all!! You see my head and my spirit argue alot.  My head said to be nervous, so I listened enough to pack blankets and extra coats, water, flash light, self defense tools, snack, and so forth. Got extra gas and cash and then set out on our way.  BUT my spirit was in total faith convinced that the getting there would be a non-issue.  And it was!

I braved the struggle of leaving my kids with a sitter for a rather extended period of 5 hours on top of having the renovation team working!! Everyone lived... in fact, I think they may have had a good time from the pics I saw!  My mother's helper is fantastic.  She, too, possesses a great deal of intuition and wisdom!  I love that about her.

So, I did not rest technically.  In fact, I haven't rested much at all...yet.  But that IS typically how these things go!  I thoroughly enjoyed the learning, the growth, the challenges, the new jewelry, some new organization, AND the recognition.  You see, Premier is something that I can do well and track progress and success,  It makes me feel like me again!  On top of that perk, I get to leave and block out my mom life mental angst and literally NOT think about it for the time that I am working! Y'all I haven't thought about any of it for over 24 hours now!

We danced.  We had serious deep conversations.  We watched God work in those around us, which looks alot like insane coincidence, but it is more like sovereignty.  We laughed! We high fived!  We took pics, clapped ridiculously loud clappers, blew party horns... we learned.  We were challenged.  It was lovely.  We made time to fix ourselves up!  We showered without interruption!  We stayed up and went to bed as we wanted and we ate junk (which will likely be the main thing I regret)!  We lived. Calmly.

I need to say that thanks to Premier, I make time for myself.  Well, sort of.  It feeds me.  It's not a cruise, but it's a great mental reset!  At this point I'll take it!!  I may not have rested officially, but I can certainly call it the mental break that I needed.  In fact, I'm not actually looking forward to going back yet!! I know I know.  And trust me, I love and adore my family.  I'm just not ready.  I MOSTLY am not ready to deal with more renovations, but this too shall pass.  AND woh, I'm not looking forward to the early school mornings again.  But I will love getting Wyatt's schooling going again!

Take the mental rest or the physical rest or both when you can!! I'm off to try for some z's myself since I will be driving home tomorrow!  Peace be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment